
Democracy
Democracy will not come
Today, this year
Nor ever
Through compromise and fear.
I have as much right
As the other fellow has
To stand
On my two feet
And own the land.
I tire so of hearing people say,
Let things take their course.
Tomorrow is another day.
I do not need my freedom when I'm dead.
I cannot live on tomorrow's bread.
Freedom
Is a strong seed
Planted
In a great need.
I live here, too.
I want freedom
Just as you.
Langston Hughes
1 comment:
Thank you, Ron, for the outstanding job for providing this library on Langston Hughes, his works, and his contemporaries. All the information in one place!
I used to hear his name all over the place while I was a high school student and living in Harlem.
Now, let's all stay safe online.
Etienne A. Gibbs
Your Internet Safety Advocate and Educator and Talk Show Host
www.BlogTalkRadio.com/StayingSafeOnline
Post a Comment